We partner with parents to provide safe, fun, Christ-centered care for kids of all ages.
Many of our families have created a new Sunday morning rhythm. Parents have been able to model their faith for their children while worshiping together during our Sunday morning worship service. We provide worship boxes for our regular attenders and worship bags for our guests and families who are returning since the pandemic started. Each box is carefully filled with activities to enhance your child’s participation in the service.
We are excited to announce that we are re-Launching Chelten Kids!
Our goal is for children to love Jesus for the rest of their lives! We desire to provide a safe place where a child can see Jesus through their parents and leaders, know Jesus through bible-based, gospel centered learning, and learn to follow him in their daily life.
Just as any space rocket launched into orbit needs several stages to get to outer space, we anticipate our re-Launch being in stages as we rebuild our volunteer teams. Our plan is to open each area once we have a trained team in place. Here is our anticipated time-frame:
- 9:00 am Toddler – Preschool area – Register Monthly
- 9:00 am Kindergarten area – May 2, 2021 – Register Monthly
- Family worship nights – May
- Elementary small groups – TBD
- 11:00am Toddler/Preschool/Kindergarten area – September 12, 2021 or sooner
- 9:00 Chelten Kids Worship (1st-5th grade) – September 12, 2021
Want to help us launch each stage sooner?
Important Information for Parents
Your child’s well-being is of utmost importance to us. Our dedicated volunteers are screened and trained. Our policies and procedures help provide your family with care that strives for safety and comfort. Following CDC recommendations and observing our local schools, we have made some changes to our safety standards.
- In order to minimize possible COVID-19 exposure, we are requesting that parents commit to and register their children monthly. This allows us to staff appropriate adult to child ratios and manage spacing capacities.
- We will have children in a safe, outside space as much as possible so please dress your child accordingly. In case of inclement weather, we will move the children inside to spaces that can accommodate them.
- Parents will be asked to assess their child’s health symptoms prior to checking in their child.
- Leaders and children will have their temperature taken. Children with a temperature over 100.4 will not be permitted to attend that week.
- Leaders and children (over the age of two) will be asked to wear masks.
- Snacks are not currently provided or permitted.
- Parents will be given a security tag that they will use for the month when picking up their child.
- Cell phones will be collected in case parental support is required for any reason. Parents will agree to monitor for those texts.
- Policies for best practices are consistently being monitored. As changes are made each family will be informed within a reasonable period of time.
For the protection of all children, please do not bring your children to class if they exhibit any of the following:
- Temperature of over 100.4
- Fever, vomiting, or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- Common cold (onset through one week)
- Any unexplained rash
- Cloudy or green runny nose
- Pinkeye or other eye infections
- Persistent cough
- Any communicable disease
- Any symptoms of common childhood diseases, such as chicken pox, strep throat, etc.
- Have had COVID-19 or been with anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Have any questions?
Stay in touch!
Resources for Parents
We firmly believe that God has called parents to be the primary teachers of their children’s faith. We want to support you as you guide and direct your children through their formative years.
Chelten Child Development Center
Weekday Preschool for 9 months – 5th Grade