We partner with parents to provide safe, fun, Christ-centered care for kids of all ages.
Drive-thru Manger Kit Pick-up
December 6, 10am-11am and 12pm-2pm
We are thankful for the overwhelming response to the Manger Project. Registration for the Kit is now closed but you may still participate by receiving the devotional book and bring items to support individuals and families in need.
Sunday Morning Programs
We provide child care and classes for infants through 5th grade during our morning worship services.
Infants – 2 years
Children begin learning about Jesus from Day 1. Loving volunteers sing and pray with our babies, and toddlers enjoy playtime and learn about all the wonderful things that God has made.
Kidz Korner, Jr.
Twos & Kindergarten
The Gospel Project for Preschool takes our preschoolers on a chronological journey through God’s big story—the story of redemption weaved through Scripture, from Genesis to Revelation. When preschoolers truly experience the gospel they are forever changed. It is the gospel, not good behavior, that transforms hearts. The gospel changes everything.
1st – 5th grades
Elementary-age kids join their families for praise and worship before being dismissed for an age-appropriate study of God’s Word.
When Kids Get It, It Changes Everything. Our elementary students follow The Gospel Project curriculum. The Gospel Project take kids on a Christ-centered, chronological journey through Scripture. Kids will discover how the gospel unfolds from Genesis through Revelation. When kids truly experience the gospel, their hearts are transformed. It is the gospel, not good behavior, that changes everything. Families can reinforce what their children learn through a companion family devotional and app.
Children with Special Needs
To enable and empower individuals and families affected by disability to be a part of Chelten’s worshiping community, we provide one-on-one buddy support during all Sunday school and church services.
Wednesday Evening Programs
Kids in grades 1-5 love to attend our Wednesday evening programs! We meet from 7:00 – 8:30 pm, September through April. In light of the current COVID-19 situation, we will post updates on our 2020 school year start date.
1st – 5th grade boys
Our boys participate in a lively, fun-filled time of learning about Jesus and what it means to be a boy who loves Jesus. Master Builders play games, have Bible stories, build projects, race cars, blast rockets and go on a fall retreat! Our boys will learn how to grow in a deeper relationship with Jesus and others.
1st – 5th grade girls
Our Explorer Girls experience Bible stories, make crafts, earn badges, sing songs, play games, go on a fall retreat and have a lot of fun! Each girl receives a PROP, which is a woman from the church who commits to praying for your daughter through out the year. Our girls will learn that Jesus is the ultimate in all of life!
Important Information for Parents
Your child’s well-being is of utmost importance to us. Our volunteers are screened and trained, and our policies and procedures help ensure that your family is safe and comfortable.
- Children are welcome to join the service in the Worship Center. Kids in grades 1-5 are invited to leave for Kidz Korner before the sermon begins. Children from birth through kindergarten may be checked in before the service or anytime you prefer.
- The Children’s Ministries information and check-in center is located on the second floor outside our infant nursery (room 205). Staff members are available to provide directions, help you get checked in, and show you and your child to the appropriate classroom.
- Children from birth through kindergarten receive a numbered security tag to be attached to their shirt. Parents receive a tag with a matching number. You must present your security tag in order to pick up your child.
- Please label your child’s diaper bag, pacifier, and any bottles.
- Snacks we offer may include pretzels, Goldfish, or graham crackers, and water. Gluten-free options are available. Please let us know if your child has any allergies or dietary restrictions.
- For the protection of all children, please do not bring your children to class if they exhibit any of the following:
- Fever, vomiting, or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- Common cold (onset through one week)
- Any unexplained rash
- Cloudy or green runny nose
- Pinkeye or other eye infections
- Persistent cough
- Any communicable disease
- Any symptoms of common childhood diseases, such as chicken pox, strep throat, etc.
Have any questions?
Stay in touch!
Resources for Parents
We firmly believe that God has called parents to be the primary teachers of their children’s faith. We want to support you as you guide and direct your children through their formative years.
Chelten Child Development Center
Weekday Preschool for 9 months – 5th Grade