We partner with parents to provide safe, fun, Christ-centered care for kids of all ages.
Wednesday Night Kids (Grades 1-5)
Learning about Jesus, FUN, and small groups! Yes Please! We want our kids to love and follow Jesus for the rest of their lives! We believe that a foundation for this happens in the home and in relationships with other believers, both adult and peers.
We will begin each evening with a large group Bible and singing time followed by our small groups. During that time, your child will do fun activities, learn Bible verses, play games, build projects, and so much more!
Bridging the GAP
Thursdays, Sept. 8 – Dec. 1
Grassroots Apologetics for Parents (GAP) is kicking off a study that will equip you to raise your kids with confident faith in today’s world! Given the many challenges of discipling children in our fast-paced, social media dominant culture, it’s mission critical that parents are prepared to help their kids navigate the tough faith questions they’ll encounter. GAP is here to help you! Join us as we begin our study together with Keeping Your Kids on God’s Side by NatashaCrain. We’ll cover 40 of the most important faith challenges parents and kids need to understand today.
Our goal is for children to love Jesus for the rest of their lives! We desire to provide a safe place where a child can see Jesus through their parents and leaders, know Jesus through bible-based, gospel centered learning, and learn to follow him in their daily life. We have several options to accomplish this goal on Sunday mornings.
9:00 am service – Kids classes for infant thru 5th grade
- Infant/Toddler – Kindergartners: Check your child in at the Children’s check-in station. This is located at the entrance to the children’s area, just inside the main church/playground entrance. Prior to check-in, have your child visit the bathroom for a potty break and to wash their hands. You will receive a name and security tag and be directed to their classroom. You will pick your child up in the same room you dropped them off.
- 1st-5th graders: Check your child in at the Children’s check-in station located at the entrance to the Children’s area. Your child will receive a name tag. Proceed to the worship center where your child will join you for the singing portion of our worship. When the children are dismissed, please have them go to the lobby where their small group leaders will take them to their class areas. You may pick your child up in their classroom.
11:15 am service – Kids & parents worship together in the main service
Many of our families have created a new Sunday morning rhythm. Parents have been able to model their faith for their children while worshiping together during our Sunday morning worship service. We created worship boxes to enhance your child’s participation in the service. Beginning September 12, 2021 we will change how we provide the boxes. If your family already has a box, you will find it located under the table in the Children’s welcome area. There will be fresh coloring pages and a clipboard for your child to pick up each week. After the service just return the box and the clipboard.
If you are visiting us or returning for the first time since the pandemic, we will have worship bags available for you.
Important Information for Parents
Your child’s well-being is of utmost importance to us. Our dedicated volunteers are screened and trained. Our policies and procedures help provide your family with care that strives for safety and comfort. Following CDC recommendations and observing our local schools, we continually monitor and update our safety standards.
- Over the winter months, we have transitioned our classes from outside spaces to safe indoor spaces. Masks are optional.
- Parents will be asked to assess their child’s health symptoms prior to checking in their child.
- Snacks are not currently provided or permitted.
- Cell phones numbers will be collected in case parental support is required for any reason. Parents will agree to monitor for those texts.
- Policies for best practices are consistently being monitored. As changes are made each family will be informed within a reasonable period of time.
For the protection of all children, please do not bring your children to class if they exhibit any of the following:
- Temperature of over 100.4
- Fever, vomiting, or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- Common cold (onset through one week)
- Any unexplained rash
- Cloudy or green runny nose
- Pinkeye or other eye infections
- Persistent cough
- Any communicable disease
- Any symptoms of common childhood diseases, such as chicken pox, strep throat, etc.
- Have had COVID-19 or been with anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Resources for Parents
We firmly believe that God has called parents to be the primary teachers of their children’s faith. We want to support you as you guide and direct your children through their formative years.
Chelten Child Development Center
Weekday Preschool for 9 months – 5th Grade