We partner with parents to provide safe, fun, Christ-centered care for kids of all ages.
Wednesday Night Kids (Grades 1-5)
Beginning September 22, 2021
7:00-8:15pm • Back field (weather permitting; inside if needed)
Learning about Jesus, FUN, and small groups! Yes Please! We want our kids to love and follow Jesus for the rest of their lives! We believe that a foundation for this happens in the home and in relationships with other believers, both adult and peers.
We will begin each evening with a large group Bible and singing time followed by our small groups. During that time, your child will do fun activities, learn Bible verses, play games, build projects, and so much more!
We are excited to be re-Launching all ages of our Chelten Kids program during the 9am worship service!
Our goal is for children to love Jesus for the rest of their lives! We desire to provide a safe place where a child can see Jesus through their parents and leaders, know Jesus through bible-based, gospel centered learning, and learn to follow him in their daily life.
Want to know what to do with your child on Sunday morning at 9:00? We’ve tried to make it as easy as we could. Here is what you need to know:
- We will have the children outside, weather permitting
- Infant/Toddler – Kindergartners: Check your in at the Children’s check-in station. This is located at the entrance to the children’s area, just inside the main church/playground entrance. Prior to check-in, have your child visit the bathroom for a potty break and to wash their hands. You will receive a name tag and be directed to their outside area. You will pick your child up in the same area you dropped them off.
- 1st-5th graders: Have your child go to the singing portion of worship. When the children are dismissed, you may have them go to the lobby where their small group leaders will take them to their class areas. You may pick your child up in the playground.
Many of our families have created a new Sunday morning rhythm. Parents have been able to model their faith for their children while worshiping together during our Sunday morning worship service. We created worship boxes to enhance your child’s participation in the service. Beginning September 12, 2021 we will change how we provide the boxes. If your family already has a box, you will find it located under the table in the Children’s welcome area. There will be fresh coloring pages and a clipboard for your child to pick up each week. After the service just return the box and the clipboard.
If you are visiting us or returning for the first time since the pandemic, we will have worship bags available for you.
Important Information for Parents
Your child’s well-being is of utmost importance to us. Our dedicated volunteers are screened and trained. Our policies and procedures help provide your family with care that strives for safety and comfort. Following CDC recommendations and observing our local schools, we have made some changes to our safety standards.
- We will have children in a safe, outside space as much as possible so please dress your child accordingly. In case of inclement weather, we will move the children inside to spaces that can accommodate them.
- Parents will be asked to assess their child’s health symptoms prior to checking in their child.
- Snacks are not currently provided or permitted.
- Cell phones numbers will be collected in case parental support is required for any reason. Parents will agree to monitor for those texts.
- Policies for best practices are consistently being monitored. As changes are made each family will be informed within a reasonable period of time.
For the protection of all children, please do not bring your children to class if they exhibit any of the following:
- Temperature of over 100.4
- Fever, vomiting, or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- Common cold (onset through one week)
- Any unexplained rash
- Cloudy or green runny nose
- Pinkeye or other eye infections
- Persistent cough
- Any communicable disease
- Any symptoms of common childhood diseases, such as chicken pox, strep throat, etc.
- Have had COVID-19 or been with anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Have any questions?
Stay in touch!
Resources for Parents
We firmly believe that God has called parents to be the primary teachers of their children’s faith. We want to support you as you guide and direct your children through their formative years.
Chelten Child Development Center
Weekday Preschool for 9 months – 5th Grade