We Love Kids! Whether you choose to join us on Sunday morning, Wednesday night or for one of our Family Fun Nights, we want you and your child to experience the love of Jesus. In an environment that is safe and secure, all children are encouraged to participate as we learn from God’s Word together. Come and check us out!
We provide child care and classes for children ages birth through 5th grade, during our 1st and 2nd services.
Infants – Two-Year-Olds
Our children begin learning about Jesus while in our infant rooms where our loving volunteers sing and pray with our babies. We have a short Bible time with our toddlers and a longer Bible time with our 2-year-olds. Our silent beeper system pages parents if their child feels discomfort or needs the reassurance of a parent. You and your child will receive matching security tags. When you come to pick up your child you must present your tag to ensure that no one picks them up without your permission.
Kidz Korner Jr.
Preschool – Kindergarten
Our 3-year-olds through Kindergartners learn about God’s Word using the curriculum Discovering God’s Love. You and your preschool child will receive matching security tags. When you come to pick up your child you must present your tag to ensure that no one picks them up without your permission.
1st – 5th grades
Our first through fifth grade students meet in room 410 for a time of praise, worship and a large group teaching followed by a time of small discipleship groups. A typical Sunday morning includes fun songs, interactive Bible lessons, questions for thought and application and activities. Games, services projects and a mission emphasis are also a part of our core activities. Our elementary kids learn about God’s Word using the curriculum The Gospel Project. This three-year program teaches children about God’s redemptive story as they hear and experience stories from Genesis to Revelation. Families can reinforce what their children learn through a family devotional or an app.
Children with Special Needs
To enable and empower individuals and families affected by disability to be a part of Chelten’s worshiping community we provide one-on-one buddy support during all Sunday school and church services.
Helpful hints for Your First Sunday
We trust that your experience will be pleasant and your child feels comfortable.
Child safety is of utmost importance to us. Each volunteer is screened and trained, and we have a thorough check-in system. In addition, there is on-site security should a need arise.
- Upon arrival, you will be directed to our Children’s Ministries information and check-in center. This is located on the second floor of the church outside our infant nursery (room 205).
- One of our greeters will help you fill out a visitor card, create a child security tag and show you and your child to their room.
- If your child is an infant through Kindergartner, they will receive a numbered security tag that will be attached to their shirt. You will receive a tag with a matching number. You must present your security tag in order to pick up your child to ensure that no one picks them up without your permission
- If your child is in grade 1-5 they will begin in room 410 with a time of worship and large group teaching, followed by small group discipleship groups. These groups meet throughout the 400 level of our Children’s Ministries department.
- Please label your child’s diaper bag, pacifier and any bottles.
- Our snacks rotate between pretzels, Goldfish, and graham crackers and water. Please let us know if your child has any dietary restrictions as we will do our best to accommodate. We do have gluten-free snacks as well.
Kids grade 1-5 love to attend our Wednesday evening programs! We meet from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m., September through April. Opening night is September 14.
Our boys participate in a lively, fun-filled time of learning about Jesus and what it means to be a boy who loves Jesus. Master Builders play games, have Bible stories, build projects, race cars, blast rockets and go on a fall retreat! This year the Master Builder’s theme is, “Jesus is the Light of the World.” Our boys will learn how to grow in a deeper relationship with Jesus and others.
Contact Master Builders
Our Explorer Girls experience Bible stories, make crafts, earn badges, sing songs, play games, go on a fall retreat and have a lot of fun! Each girl receives a PROP, which is a woman from the church who commits to praying for your daughter through out the year. This year the Explorer Girls theme is, “Jesus is the Light of the World.” Our girls will learn that Jesus is the ultimate in all of life!
Contact Explorer Girls
Parents, we firmly believe that God has called parents to be the primary teachers of their children’s faith. We want to support you as you guide and direct your children through their formative years. Books and Resources
For the protection of all our children, please do not bring your children to class if they exhibit any of the following:
- Fever in the last 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- Common cold (onset through one week)
- Any unexplained rash
- Cloudy or green runny nose
- Pinkeye or other eye infections
- Persistent cough
- Any communicable disease
- Any symptoms of common childhood diseases, such as chicken pox, strep throat, etc.