The Dual Power of Your Words
- Think about something upsetting you said to someone. How can your words restore what your words had damaged?
- What is the difference between the words you speak and the impact of those words on someone else?
- How can you speak words that promote healing instead of simply sharing information?
- When Words Matter Most: Speaking Truth with Grace to Those You Love, by Cheryl Marshall, Caroline Newheiser
- Keep It Shut: What to Say, How to Say It, and When to Say Nothing at All, by Karen Ehman
- I Can’t Believe You Just Said That!: Biblical Wisdom for Taming Your Child’s Tongue, by Ginger Hubbard
- War of words: getting to the heart of your communication struggles, by Paul Tripp.
- The Power of Words and the Wonder of God, edited by John Piper and Justin Taylor
- I Beg to Differ: Navigating Difficult Conversations with Truth and Love, by Tim Muehlhoff
thegospelcoalition.org/ article/words-kill-words-give- life/
thegospelcoalition.org/ podcasts/tgc-podcast/jackie- hill-perry-power-of-words/
thegospelcoalition.org/ podcasts/tgc-podcast/how-do- you-keep-a-rein-on-your- tongue/
• • •
• • •
Saturday, August 20, 2022
11 am–3 pm
ATTENTION ALL YOU BEEFY CHELTEN MEN! Don’t chicken out—pork out. Join us at Bob Feller’s place to chow down on some grill-sizzling BBQ. No need to count calories. One or two wet & wild pool games in Bob’s backyard cement pond* are sure to cool you down and burn up that newly acquired fat. Seriously, guys. What a great opportunity to spend time with some great new and old friends who love the Lord. Join us.
*Some chronologically disadvantaged youngsters may not know that “cement pond” is Jed Clampett’s hillbilly term for swimming pool.
Our pantry is in need of canned veggies: green beans, carrots, corn and mixed vegetables. Can you help us out? Thank you!
Donations may be placed on the pantry table inside the playground entrance on Sundays or drive up to the pantry entrance.
Monday, Tuesday & Friday 9 am-1 pm
CHELTEN FAMILY UPDATES
- Prayer updates for our Chelten family can be found below by clicking the weekly prayer needs button.
Last Week’s Giving
• • •
• • •
Year-to-Date Giving Budget