Proverbs on Anger
- The more confident you are that you are right, the angrier you will be. The angrier you are, the more blind you will be. Do you find it true?
- Jesus was never angry when the act was against him (1 Pet 2:23). This does not mean that you can never do anything about gross offenses; it does mean that you always trust that your Father is the righteous judge. How does this apply in your specific situations?
- How do you hope to grow in anger’s opposite? And are there people to whom you must confess your sinful anger?
Guest Speaker: Ed Welch
Ed Welch is a counselor and faculty member at CCEF. He holds a Doctor of Philosophy in counseling (neuropsychology) from the University of Utah and a Master of Divinity from Biblical Theological Seminary.
Ed has been counseling for over thirty years and has written many books and articles on biblical counseling, including When People Are Big and God Is Small; Addictions: A Banquet in the Grave; Blame It on the Brain?; Depression; Running Scared; Shame Interrupted; Side by Side: Walking with Others in Wisdom and Love; and A Small Book about a Big Problem: Meditations on Anger, Patience, and Peace. He and his wife, Sheri, have two married daughters and eight grandchildren. In his spare time, Ed enjoys spending time with his wife and extended family and playing his guitar.
- Good and Angry: Redeeming Anger, Irritation, Complaining, and Bitterness by David Powlison
- A Small Book about a Big Problem: Meditations on Anger, Patience, and Peace by Ed Welch
• • •
Listen to the #SundaySongSet on Spotify
• • •
Come join us! Our Food Truck Party is open for everyone, not just our VBS kids and their families.
Corn hole and more!
Come enjoy getting to know our community while eating dinner or dessert from one of the food truck vendors!
• • •
ATTENTION ALL YOU BEEFY CHELTEN MEN! Don’t chicken out—pork out. Join us at Bob Feller’s place to chow down on some grill-sizzling BBQ. No need to count calories. One or two wet & wild pool games in Bob’s backyard cement pond* are sure to cool you down and burn up that newly acquired fat. Seriously, guys. What a great opportunity to spend time with some great new and old friends who love the Lord. Join us.
*Some chronologically disadvantaged youngsters may not know that “cement pond” is Jed Clampett’s hillbilly term for swimming pool.
Men of Chelten, join us at the ball field!
Registration required by July 24, 2022 so tickets can be purchased
We will enjoy an evening of fun, food and of course baseball.
This event is open to any and all “men” (including the young ones in training)
Game Starts at 6:30
Tickets $25.00 per person
Ticket price includes an all-you-can-eat buffet. Carpooling from Chelten is an option or you can meet us at the field (Note: Parking is an extra $5.00 – cash only)
Thank you so much!Donations may be placed on the pantry table inside the playground entrance on Sundays or drive up to the pantry entrance.
Monday, Tuesday & Friday 9 am-1 pm
CHELTEN FAMILY UPDATES
- Prayer updates for our Chelten family can be found below by clicking the weekly prayer needs button.
Last Week’s Giving
• • •
• • •
Year-to-Date Giving Budget