Wednesday Update 4.1.2020
Love Your Neighbor
As followers of Jesus Christ, we love our neighbor as ourselves (Matt 22:37-40). Here are some ideas and resources to help you do that. How will you love your neighbor today?
- Call someone who might feel lonely and just listen
- Send an encouraging text or hand-written card to someone
- Offer to run errands for someone in an at-risk category
- …or allow someone to serve you in that way
- Write letter to your neighbors
- Write a chalk message on the sidewalk for those walking past your house
- Support Chelten’s Food Pantry: Seeds of Hope (see below)
- Be creative!
Articles on Loving Your Neighbor:
- COVID-19 Neighboring Toolkit by Jay Pathak and Dave Runyon
- The Art of Neighboring (RightNow Media)
- A Practical Way to Love Your (Self-Isolated) Neighbor by Elijah Elkins
- 9 Ways to Love Your Neighbor in this Pandemic by Justin Earley
- note that this was written before the “stay home” orders were issued.
Seeds of Hope Food Pantry
Chelten’s Food pantry, Seeds of Hope remains open and is providing much needed food to hundreds of families each week in our local community.
Tuesdays and Fridays, 10:00am-12:30pm, you may drive up to our pantry entrance and receive pre-packed food including any produce, bakery items or meat that we have available. No person-to-person contact! (We ask that you please remain in your vehicles.)
Your donations are greatly needed at this time. If you are able, please consider donating:
- Shelf-stable food and paper products
- Giant gift cards
- Financial gifts
Hours to donate: Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 9:00am-1:00pm – door A3
Chelten’s Address:1601 Limekiln Pike, Dresher PA 19025
As we continue to serve you in new and different ways, our financial needs continue. We ask you to continue to be faithful in your giving. That may mean mailing in your check or going online to the secure website and begin to schedule your regular giving click here. Your generosity makes all the difference during these difficult days.
If you have financial or physical needs, our church family is committed to coming alongside you and supporting you during this time. If you are in need, please reach out to your assigned deacon. If you do not have a deacon assigned to you, or you are uncertain of who they are, please reach out to [email protected].