Sunday Worship Service 4.26.2020
Download Chelten Kids Sermon Notes Worksheet
An important announcement about our annual business meeting will be a part of next Sunday’s service—stay tuned!
As we continue to serve you in new and different ways, our financial needs continue. We ask you to continue to be faithful in your giving. That may mean mailing in your check or going online to the secure website and begin to schedule your regular giving click here. Your generosity makes all the difference during these difficult days.
If you have financial or physical needs, our church family is committed to coming alongside you and supporting you during this time. If you are in need, please reach out to your assigned deacon. If you do not have a deacon assigned to you, or you are uncertain of who they are, please reach out directly to Rollie Wakeman ([email protected]), Chair of the Deacon Board.
I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. Lamentations 3:19-22
- For those who continue to battle back from surgeries and/or cancer.
- For those who have lost loved ones or about to, yet do not have the access to them.
- For missionaries in other nations, some of whom are under severe restrictions, others who are serving in very strategic roles even alongside governments.
- For our prayers on behalf of our Muslim friends that God would reveal to them His truth regarding Jesus.
- For our government and medical leaders that they would seek God and His truth for their decisions to address, even eradicate the COVID-19.
If you would like a digital copy of this week’s Chelten family prayer list, please email [email protected]chelten.org.
Marriage in a Pandemic
Marriage is hard. It is an amazing gift, but it is hard. When you add COVID-19 into the mix, many of us have found it even more challenging than usual: working from home, homeschooling the kids, feeling stuck with the same people day after day, and the general anxieties of living in a global pandemic.
We care about your marriage and want it to thrive in these challenging times. God’s desire is to redeem all the trials that you experience in marriage and use them to grow your love for one another, creating more intimacy and unity between you and your spouse. Here are a few resources that might help do just that.
- Help for Quarantined Marriages by Jeff and Sarah Walton
- From Limetree Counseling
- Protecting your marriage during COVID-19 – video by Katie Bailey
- 4 Ways to Improve Communication With Your Spouse – article by Alana Gregg
- Podcast: Marriage Series by Tim Keller
- Marriage as Priority and Friendship
- Cultivating a Healthy Marriage
- Full Series on marriage can be found Gospel in Life Podcast from 11/1/2019-11/25/2019
Seeds of Hope
Our food pantry continues to help meet the increasing food needs of hundreds of households in our Chelten community. Here’s a GREAT opportunity to help! Our pantry directly benefits financially from purchasing Giant bags AND if you drop off the new bags, we need them badly for produce distribution.
Donations are accepted Mon/Tue/Fri 9-1 at the pantry, Door A3. Thank you!
Pantry Wish List
Our pantry team created this Amazon Wish List so you can see what we need most, purchase items and have them shipped to us without ever leaving your house.
Chelten – a church of hope (door A1)
1601 N. Limekiln Pike
Dresher, PA 19025
Thanks to the internet and modern technology, we have access to millions of quality, Gospel-centered sermons. Here are some recommended sermons and podcasts for you to consider listening to throughout the week to continue to grow in Christ.
Previous Sermons from Chelten
Other Recommended Sermons and Podcasts