Sunday Worship Service 4.19.2020
As we continue to serve you in new and different ways, our financial needs continue. We ask you to continue to be faithful in your giving. That may mean mailing in your check or going online to the secure website and begin to schedule your regular giving click here. Your generosity makes all the difference during these difficult days.
If you have financial or physical needs, our church family is committed to coming alongside you and supporting you during this time. If you are in need, please reach out to your assigned deacon. If you do not have a deacon assigned to you, or you are uncertain of who they are, please reach out directly to Rollie Wakeman ([email protected]), Chair of the Deacon Board.
Romans 12:12 – Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Spend a few moments praying for:
- Ask God to soften your heart so that you will hear and obey the voice of God’s Spirit more clearly during these difficult times.
- Pray that you will be looking for ways to help people cope with the stress of confinement (loneliness, depression, child care, boredom, insecurity).
- Pray for God to protect those working on the front lines: health care workers, grocery store employees, emergency service workers.
- Ask that God would use this pandemic to open the eyes of people around the world to spiritual realities: the fragility of life, the certainty of death, the need for a relationship with our Creator, the forgiveness of sins found only in Jesus Christ.
- Pray that Chelten’s leadership would respond wisely to people’s needs and empower our congregation to love and serve their neighbors.
- Pray that our governing officials will have divine wisdom to respond to the crisis, to know when to reopen society, and to manage the financial resources that aid healthcare and businesses.
If you would like a digital copy of this week’s Chelten family prayer list, please email [email protected].
What Should I Do With My Stimulus Check?
Since many Americans are receiving stimulus checks from the federal government, how should Christians think about the influx of money?
Free eBook: Coronavirus and Christ
In Coronavirus and Christ, John Piper invites readers around the world to stand on the solid Rock, who is Jesus Christ, in whom our souls can be sustained by the sovereign God who ordains, governs, and reigns over all things to accomplish his wise and good purposes for those who trust in him. Piper offers six biblical answers to the question, What is God doing through the coronavirus? —reminding us that God is at work in this moment in history.
You Are Invited
As mentioned in our March 23 Timeline Update, the Pastoral Search Committee and Elders remain committed to providing opportunities for you to get to know Pastor Jin before we vote on him to join our Pastoral Leadership Team.
Listed below are the dates and times for the remaining three virtual meet and greet sessions:
Sunday, April 19 at 4:00 p.m.
Monday, April 20 at 7:00 p.m.
Seeds of Hope
Our food pantry continues to help meet the increasing food needs of hundreds of households in our Chelten community. Here’s a GREAT opportunity to help! Our pantry directly benefits financially from purchasing Giant bags AND if you drop off the new bags, we need them badly for produce distribution.
Donations are accepted Mon/Tue/Fri 9-1 at the pantry, Door A3. Thank you!
Pantry Wish List
Our pantry team created this Amazon Wish List so you can see what we need most, purchase items and have them shipped to us without ever leaving your house.
Chelten – a church of hope (door A1)
1601 N. Limekiln Pike
Dresher, PA 19025
Thanks to the internet and modern technology, we have access to millions of quality, Gospel-centered sermons. Here are some recommended sermons and podcasts for you to consider listening to throughout the week to continue to grow in Christ.
Previous Sermons from Chelten
Other Recommended Sermons and Podcasts