Sunday Worship Service 3.29.2020
While Holy Week and Easter celebrations will look different this year, there is GOOD NEWS! Jesus is alive, death is defeated and we have peace with God through Christ! Nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus (Rom 8:38-39)–even our inability to gather together for our traditional Holy Week services.
We hope you will join us the next two Sundays, April 5 (Palm Sunday) and April 12 (Easter Sunday), to celebrate the resurrection in our virtual gatherings. You will receive these services via email each Sunday morning at 8:00am.
We strongly encourage you to take advantage of the following resources as a way to help you and your family meditate on and celebrate Christ’s death and resurrection.
- Free eBook – “The Final Days of Jesus” (by Andreas Kostenberger & Justin Taylor)
- This book is an excellent guide with insightful commentary of the Scriptures record of Holy Week.
- eNews – will be devoted to the events of Holy Week on Wednesday, April 8
- Facebook – Check out Chelten’s Facebook page every day during Holy Week for a brief video.
- Youth Ministry – Holy Week Devotional
- The Youth Ministry team put together a weeklong devotional for our students (or anyone interested) to help us fix our eyes on Christ during this week.
- Kids – Look for a daily Resurrection Egg email from Miss Mary starting April 1
- Parents, if you are not receiving these emails and would like to, please contact [email protected].
Even though we cannot be physically together, we are still a church family. Share pictures and reflections on Holy Week through social media using #holyweekatchelten to help us celebrate together.
As we continue to serve you in new and different ways, our financial needs continue. We ask you to continue to be faithful in your giving. That may mean mailing in your check or going online to the secure website and begin to schedule your regular giving click here. Our utilities and salaries continue to be paid. We do not want to begin discussing whether we have to lay off any of our dedicated staff. Your generosity makes the difference during these difficult days.
Ephesians 6:18 – “… and pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”
Take a few moments and pray for:
- those who are ill with the coronavirus or any other illness
- those who are anxious about the virus, a loved one who is at risk or financial concerns due to loss of income
- doctors, nurses and others in the medical field
- students who are studying from home and their parents who are homeschooling them
- Seeds of Hope food pantry
- leadership at Chelten and US government
- the church around the world
If you would like a digital copy of this week’s Chelten family prayer list, please email [email protected].
Thanks to the internet and modern technology, we have access to millions of quality, Gospel-centered sermons. Here are some recommended sermons and podcasts for you to consider listening to throughout the week to continue to grow in Christ.
Previous Sermons from Chelten
Other Recommended Sermons and Podcasts
- Gospel in Life Sermons – by Tim Keller
- Bible Project Website
- The Gospel Coalition Resource Library
Imagine having a streaming library of Bible study videos that inspires your faith every day of the week. That’s Right Now Media. It offers over 20,000 free video studies for individuals, small groups and families. Content comes from major Christian publishers and ministries. Stream videos on your computer, mobile device or TV. And best of all, members of Chelten can access all of this amazing content for absolutely free! Sign up chelten.org/resources/ and select “Request an Account.”