Chelten – a church of hope exists to worship the triune God, to nurture his family and to share his gospel of hope.
We are a community of people brought together by the gospel
—that God the Father cared so much for us who live in a broken world that he sent his son Jesus to be the solution for all of humanity’s needs so that his Spirit would live in us forever, we with him and with each other.
This gospel lies at the heart of all we are and do as we experience it through:
- Meeting together for weekly, heart-felt times of worship, prayer and the study of God’s word that demonstrates how this gospel relates to our modern world
- Nurturing our relationships with God and his diverse family in each stage of life through community groups and a number of educational and relational opportunities
- Sharing this gospel with others both with words and by meeting needs in our church, community and world.
Come join us and experience this gospel with us!
What We Believe
- We believe in one God, existing eternally in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit; that Jesus Christ not only is the Son of God, but that He is God; and that the Holy Spirit is God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true Man.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as a propitiatory and substitutionary sacrifice and that our redemption is made sure to us by His resurrection from the dead.
- We believe in the literal, physical resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord; in His ascension into Heaven, in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate; and in His personal bodily return to this earth to set up His kingdom.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, in relationship to believers in the present age, indwells them, baptizes them into the body of Christ and seals them unto the day of redemption, and we believe that each believer is commanded of God to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired of God, inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in matters of faith and practice.
- We believe that man was originally created in the image of God, but that he sinned, thereby incurring the wrath of God, and that all men are sinners and totally depraved, unable to save themselves.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith, not of works or merit; and that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and are thereby children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the redeemed and the everlasting conscious bodily torment of the unredeemed.
- We believe that baptism with water in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit is a public profession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. This act of obedience sets forth the essential facts of redemption: the death, burial and resurrection of Christ and also the essential facts in the experience of the believer: death to sin and resurrection to newness of life in Christ. We practice baptism by immersion.
- We believe that the Lord’s Supper is a commemoration of the Lord’s death until He comes, and is to be partaken of by believers only.
- We believe that a New Testament Church is a body of believers thus baptized and associated for worship, service and the spread of the Gospel and the establishing of God’s kingdom in all the world.